cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Module Integration for Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers 12.5

Is there an integration module needed for using VCB vmware consolidated backup in Backupexec 12.5? 

Would I just use the one correspongin ot the version of vmware usedd?

http://www.vmware.com/download/vi/drivers_tools.html

4 Replies

Re: Integration Module Integration for Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers 12.5

Hi dwynne,

not at all. The VCB software is needed to backup a virtual machine.

VMware Converter is also needed if you want to use the new VMware Agent of BackupExec12.5.

There is no need for the VMware "Virtual Center".

Regards,

Tobi

Re: Integration Module Integration for Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers 12.5

Can you point to any good documentation on this.  I can see my esx3.5i server in Backupexec but cannot connect to it, I get access denied when trying to access.  I know I have the correct username and password for the esx server as I login in with the infrastructure client no problem.  I called support and they said it was a firewall running on the esx server which is not true.  This is the latest esx version that has no service console.

I already have converter and vcb on the backup server.

Any guidance appreciated.

I am sorry dwynne, I also don't have good documentation.
I am not from symantec and I think backup exec 12.5 is to new that any documents exist.
I don't know if you even can use backup exec with the ESXi and the VMware agent.
ESXi is without VCB license so I really don't know if you can succed with it...

... I did a little research. VCB is officially not supported by ESXi ...

Message Edited by Tobi Langer on 10-24-2008 12:06 PM

Hi again,

probably found an interesting document for you...