Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid .nsf version error

JeremyDove
Level 2
Server OS: NT 4.0
Domino Ver: 5.0.11
Bexec Ver: 9.1
Agents loaded: Agent for Domino, Agent for Advanced File Open.

Problem:

I am trying to backup my Domino Databases. I receive the following error: invalid .NSF version. The Veritas Documentation says that this typically means that we have a version of Domino not supported. The Veritas Documentation also says that any version of Domino after 5.0.4 is supported. We have 5.0.11 which newer than 5.0.4. Help.

More info, when installing the Domino Agent it told me that it didn't recognize Domino on the local server. It isn't on the backup server it is on the remote server that I was installing. Again I followed the outlined procedures from the Veritas website.

Please help if you know anything.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

JeremyDove
Level 2
As a followup because I am continuing to try and solve the problem.

I reread the failed logs. All if the .nsf files that have been skipped are in the recycler. I tried to not include them in the backup and it automatically reselects the recycler. So I emptied the recycle bin on that drive. I am currently running a test job to see if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps by giving more info.

Thanks

Varsha
Level 6
This may happendue to the corruption of the NOTES database.Check that the Notes Database is not corrupted.

Exclude the file which is in error.launch a new backup and verify if it works.

Change registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | VERITAS | Backup Exec | Engine | Domino from 0 to 1.This will allows the offline backup of the Lotus Notes databases in the data directory.