cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory a Library

Mike_Cain
Level 3
I'd like to be able to set up a scheduled job to perform an inventory of 5 slots in an 8 slot library. I know how to do it from command line but with so many servers to monitor, I'd like a scheduled job in Veritas that will send email with the job log to the admins.
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Refer to the following technote that describes steps to schedule an Inventory:

Title: Can utility jobs be scheduled in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255442

You can then configure a notification and attach the job log in order to send an email.

Revert in case you have more questions on this.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Mike_Cain
Level 3
This only allows me to schedule one slot at a time. That's 5 jobs and thus 5 msgs time 17 servers per week. Too much to review. The tech note only describes a stand alone drive. I have yet to find a single job to inventory multiple slots other than the command line option.

Mike_Cain
Level 3
I user Task scheduler and ran an inventory on one server. I was then able to modify the job it created in Veritas to use the Veritas schedule and notification, however other servers do not allow me to do this. When I click Submint, the system returns an error:
"Error Updating Job"
0xe06d7363 (3765269347)

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

- We suggest you to perform a reboot of the media server and verify the result.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Mike_Cain
Level 3
No event log was produced. Since these are production servers, I am unable to reboot. However I did stop and restart services and was then able to schedule the inventory job. I have repeated these results on 3 other servers thus far.