cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory job is failing

yogo
Level 3

I am using backup exec 2010 R3, where my inventory job is failing with error "incompatible media". I checked my tapes they are good, the strange part is that backup is completing on same tape without any error. Only Inv job is failing.

please suggest,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Yogo,

What happens if you try running an Inventory test using your device's diagnostic utility? You would need to stop the BE services first...I also assume that this is an LTO5 drive being used with the LTO5 tapes?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH89508

yogo
Level 3

We are using LTO5 but with out bar code. So I don't think the above link will work.

CraigV

Hi Yogo,

What happens if you try running an Inventory test using your device's diagnostic utility? You would need to stop the BE services first...I also assume that this is an LTO5 drive being used with the LTO5 tapes?

Thanks!

yogo
Level 3
|__ Device Analysis                                  : Failed
    ||__ version: V09.05.2013
    ||__ Firmware rev Y65W is up-to-date for Ultrium 5-SCSI as of Wed Apr 24 19:00:00 2013.
    ||__ Rule 7.16 (Mechanism Sensor/Push load):
    ||__ Multiple errors have been reported while a cartridge is being push loaded.
    ||__ If this is a different cartridge, and if this drive is in a library, then the library may be at fault.
    ||__ Please contact HP support for further assistance.
    ||__ Rule 8.12 (Cartridge Memory/Missing or unreadable barcode):
    ||__ One or more cartridge has missing/unreadable barcode.
    ||__ HP recommends the use of HP storage media.
    ||__ Please run the LTO Drive Assessment Test to check the operation of your drive.
    ||__ There were 20 rules and 141 subrules checked.
    ||__ Device Analysis completed, and some problems were found.

I think you are right, We have to check with Vendor about the tapes and Barcodes.

Thank you CriagV!

CraigV

Not a hassle...I prefer to use a vendor's barcode label pack, but you can also reference pkh's article below on how to make your own!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/using-barcode-labels-why-and-how

Thanks!