Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Backup Exec 2012 SP3 safe ?

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

i've recently installed SP3 on two Backup Exec different servers (both Windows 2008 R2, Windows Update OK) and since that i note several beremote.exe crash on BE server during backups. I have to stop / start BE Services or reboot the server... Error can re appear after few hours or days randomly...

Everything was fine and stable with SP2....

Did you also notice issues with SP3 ? bugs ??

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello KML,

As of the latest updates there were no major issues reported with SP3 (its been more than a month now).

So I would consider it to be SAFE to install.

Even though if you are getting beremote crash please open a Support case with Symantec so that the issue can be reported.

Also it will be helpful if you can post some more details here... like whats the data that is backed up, event viewer error when the beremote service crashes, etc...

Regards,

-Sush...

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have a case open by my hotline team, i'll give you an update as soon as i have some...

Most of backups are VMs (VMware mode) and some Windows physical with remote agent.

I asked if SP3 is "stable" because i didn't have those errors with SP2, and i have issues with 2 differents installations

We can find this on the event viewer (sorry it's in french)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nom de l’application défaillante beremote.exe, version : 14.0.1798.1300, horodatage : 0x5282e17d

Nom du module défaillant : bedsnt5.dll, version : 14.0.1798.1300, horodatage : 0x5282e18d

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000060169

ID du processus défaillant : 0xf10

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01cef64e08e2d6d5

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: D:\Symantec\Backup Exec\bedsnt5.dll

I tried the following actions :

- BEDB repair

- Fresh reinstall

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello KML,

I quickly checked that error and can confirm that there is no Known issue with SP3 for that error.

Regards,

-Sush...

kml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the information Sush, i'll deal with Symantec Support and give an update here.