cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for a single backup job to write to multiple tape drives simultaneously

sc5
Level 2

Hi

This question has been asked before but was back in 2011 and the answer was no back then so I am asking again as its been such a long time that I am hoping this has now made it into backup exec.

Is it possible for a single backup job to write to multiple tape drives simultaneously? We have a very large server circa 200TB+ and it takes a couple of weeks to backup currently.  We currently backup through windows I want to change to virtual machine backup with file recovery to remove performance hit from the VM, ideally one backup job so only a single VM snapshot is taken rather than multiple jobs for individual VMDKs and multiple snapshots then being taken which I don't even know if that would work anyhow.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

kf2013
   VIP   

You can split the backup job to multiple backup job and select different tape drives

I am trying to avoid that as I dont want to take multiple snapshots of the VM as the backup job takes a week or two to complete hence why I require to use 3 tape drives for 1 single job.