cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there ANY WAY that BE can delete files that are in use during a backup

Gossett
Level 6

I ask this question as I'm having very bizarre issue. I have one server where twice a file was being used a week ago. Then yesterday they come to me and it's just 'gone' (we all know this). the funny thing is that the whole directory the file is in is being backed up, no files are being left out. A restore job doesn't show the file being there even up to a month ago but I know it was there as they were using it. I only ask this as for some reason i've yet to be able to fix my SQL machine this file is on fails every single time on my Incremental backup so daily I have to do a full. I thought BE skipped open files (in case it was open). Again, don't need a solution per se just wondering out loud. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

I've never seen BE delete open files during backup and I strongly believe it is not designed to delete files either.

Having said that, it will skip open files if the job was not configured to use Advanced Open File Option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

I've never seen BE delete open files during backup and I strongly believe it is not designed to delete files either.

Having said that, it will skip open files if the job was not configured to use Advanced Open File Option.

Gossett
Level 6

Thanks SuperBrain. DIdn't think so but needed to ask.