cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 3 month limit for a IDR recovery?

Tiemo
Level 3
Hello,
someone told me, that I have to renew my system backup and IDR of my Win 2003 SBS serverCD latest every 3 month with BE. Older backups would be refused when trying to restore. I can't find any hints in the docs about this issue.
Can anybody tell me, if this is only a "good practice" and recommendation because of installed updates etc. or if there really is a "hard" date limit, after that a backup can't be restored with IDR? And if so, what would I do in case I missed to renew my systembackup for only  a few days? Would there really be no chance for a restore of the latest backup? I would like to be prepared for the worst case.
Thanks for any recommendation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Correct, it can be as old as you want, no hard dates on that.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
There is no hard date limit. Few days would not be a problem, as long as you created the CD after that date, which would have the dr file present. Restore would not be an issue.

Thanks

Tiemo
Level 3
I backup my datas on dayly basis, but the system only every couple of month and I always build a new IDR CD with every full system backup.
Do I understand it correct, that if I do it this way, the system backup + IDR CD could be "as old as I want" and I only had to reinstall the regular updates after a system restore?
Thanks

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Correct, it can be as old as you want, no hard dates on that.

Thanks