cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Restoring from Tape Backup Exec 2012

Aces_and_Eights
Level 3

I am trying to restore from data from tape in Backup Exec 2012 (same version that did the backup). I have put the tapes into my Autoloader (with write protect on), did the Inventory, and did a Catalog. I select my vCenter (it was a VM backup) and click restore, enter in the dates I am looking between, and when I go to find the server I do not see it. I believe it was in a folder, but when I open the folder I think it was in it displays the root of the folder that the folder I opened is in (including itself again). If I click on it again it just repeats. The folder isn't in vCenter any more and recreating the folder doesn't fix the issue. What is causing this issue and how do I resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You must expand the Netbios name of the VM which contains the required folder and not the vCenter server.

Below is a little text graphic I setup to help explain the issue (the layout reflects how it should be if it was working correctly). At the top is my vCenter Server, then the cluster is below that, followed by folders and servers (which is how it is viewed in Backup Exec Restore Wizard). The server I want to restore is in Folder 2, which is inside of Folder 1. When I expand Folder 2 to select the server, it displays the contents of Folder 1 (also displaying Folder 2 again) instead of the servers. When I expand that Folder 2, it displays the contents of Folder 1 again (like the first time) and will keep doing this each time I try and go into Folder 2. In our current VM environment Folder 2 no longer exist.

vCenter
| Cluster
| | Folder 1
| | | Server 1
| | | Folder 2
| | | | Server 2
| | | | Server 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you trying to restore the entire VM or a folder within the VM?