Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With AOFO.. in BE10d with Windows 2003 R2

Sankar_ganesh
Level 4
Hi All,

My backup jobs are completing with Exceptions. The error message in job log is

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes.
AOFO: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot cache file settings for volume "D:" : Initial: 0 MB. Maximum: 29874 MB. File: "\\?\Volume{fe40664b-1659-11db-824a-0013725138ba}\Backup Exec AOFO Store\_BEVspCacheFile_12.VSP".
AOFO: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot settings used: Quiet Time: 5 seconds. Time Out: 2000 seconds.
Note: Backup Exec did not perform a snapshot of all volumes simultaneously because the option 'Process logical volumes for backup one at a time' was selected as a backup job property.

Please find my AOFO settings:

Cache file locations: Use default

Number of secons during which there can be no disk activity before snapshot is created : 3 ( i have reduced from 5 to 3)

can any one help me to resolve this issue.

Please let me if you need more information.

Thanks in Advance
5 REPLIES 5

Sankar_ganesh
Level 4
Can any one provide solution for this

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Try reducing the minimum quite time to 2 seconds.

If you still get the error, it just means that the files are too active or being accessed by some another programme.

Try stopping Anti virus as a test and observe the results.

Regards
Padmaja

Sankar_ganesh
Level 4
Reducing the time will not create any issuess????

Even i have exculded backup folders and i have changed the time of antivirus schedule.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Sankar,

If following is shown in job log :

AOFO: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) snapshot cache file settings for volume "D:" : Initial: 0 MB. Maximum: 29874 MB. File: "\\?\Volume{fe40664b-1659-11db-824a-0013725138ba}\Backup Exec AOFO Store\_BEVspCacheFile_12.VSP".

Reboot the Server sothat this .vsp file will be deleted and run the backup again .

revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Sankar_ganesh
Level 4
after reducing the time to 2.. now backupjobs are getting completed successfully.