cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Exchange Server 2016 and BE 21 Remote Agent

edvkservice
Level 2

Hello,

We upgraded to BE21 and applied the BE21 Remote Agent to our Exchange 2016 CU16. After server reboot the server had a lot of issues (poor performance, services will not start properly or with an extreme delay), causing Exchange not working properly. When we remove BE21 Remote Agent, everything is working fine again. The issues happen also when BE21 Remote Agent is installed but the services of BE are set to Disabled, so it seems the issues are caused by some stuff installed with BE21 Remote Agent.

Previously we used BE16 Remote Agent on this server and it worked without any issues.

Anyone else expierenced such issues after installing BE21 Remote Agent, especially on Exchange servers? Any tips how to solve that issue?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, we tried it but the issue was the same. In the meantime we received a reply from Veritas support and it seems that this is a known issue. They recommended disabling the anti-ransomware feature or to use the Remote Agent of BE 20.6. We tried it directly with the BE 20.6 Remote Agent and it worked.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kf2013
   VIP   

I upgrade from BE20.6 to BE21 without issus. I am backing up SQL resource.

Did you try to uninstall BE agent and resinstall BE agent again?

You may check the task manager to find out which process is causing poor performance.

Yes, we tried it but the issue was the same. In the meantime we received a reply from Veritas support and it seems that this is a known issue. They recommended disabling the anti-ransomware feature or to use the Remote Agent of BE 20.6. We tried it directly with the BE 20.6 Remote Agent and it worked.

Could you send me your case number in a private message please?
Thank you

angus_the_bull
Level 3
Certified

does anyone have the fix for this, i upgraded from 20.6 to 21.1 on host and remote agent in a terminal server enviroment, when a certain amount of users log onto the TS the server grinds to a halt. on removing the 21.1 remote agent the server has no performance issues , Veritas claim its nothing to do with them and its up to me as a customer to provide proof its the upgrade that has produced the performance issues

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

We know of one issue and if its this then give the technote to the TSE and request to advance the case or consult a senior engineer. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100048543