cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with backup exec 11d

JohnMonroe
Level 3
I have had some issues with backup exec 11d and had to reinstall it. I am now not able to connect to the first storage group on an exchange server. it tells me resource is not available. I am in urgent need to restore some data and this has always worked before. Any and all suggestions welcome
10 REPLIES 10

sqlcoder
Level 3
Hi,

Did you reinstall the agent on the exchange server? credentials are ok?

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

We are facing some credential issues:

For exchange backups and restores we require following rights for the Backup Exec Service Account.
1  : Unique name (first 5 letters)
2  : Mailbox Enabled account
3  : Not hidden from the Global Address list
4  : Send as Receive as permissions
5  : Exchange Full Admin
6  : Domain Admin and Local Admin for Exchange if Exchange is not a Domain Controller.

Hope this helps...

JohnMonroe
Level 3
DevT
Thank you for your response. All of those items were verified and are correct but I have question on step 4. Where am I setting those permissions?

JohnMonroe

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Open Powershell:

Add-ADPermission -Identity “Mailbox Store” -User “Username” -ExtendedRights Send-As
Add-ADPermission -Identity “Mailbox Store” -User “Username” -ExtendedRights Receive-A
s

Please check this article:
http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/exchange-2007-permissions-and-roles-part2.html

JohnMonroe
Level 3
DevT

Unfortunatly I should have said sooner that I am using Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. Would this still work?

JohnMonroe

JohnMonroe
Level 3
Sorry, Exchange 2005

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Exchange 2005...? Only Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007. To set the #4 point as per Dev T, you can do this in Exchange 2003 Administrator. In Exchange 2007 you'll need to use PowerShell from a command line,

JohnMonroe
Level 3
Exchange 2003. The user has all the correct permissions but it still tells me "resource not found". Can you suggest anything else?

Dev_T
Level 6
Ohh....Ok...

Please look at this:

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/expert/KnowledgebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid43_gci947737,00.html

JohnMonroe
Level 3
The only users that have send as/receive as permissions are the domain admins group and the user setup to do the exchange backups/restores. Domain admins are granted, the backup restore user is inherited.