cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Backing up server in the same network but different Domain on BE 2014

3s1k
Level 4
Partner

Hello, I'm having issues backing up another server in our network that is part of a different domain. I added the SBS 2011 server to BE2014 and installed the agents and established trust.

The problem is when I create a job I only see a small list of shared folders. It does not list the C or D drives, system state or Utility partion that you would normally see when creating a new job. Any ideas?

I tried backing up one of these shared folders and It completes but gives an exception, "Could not completely pretect remote computers because the BE remote agent was not installed". I've installed the agent 3 times and it shows it installs succssfully each time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3s1k
Level 4
Partner

I believe it is solved now. I had to uninstall the server from BE and reinstall it using the Server name instead of the IP address.

I was able to test credentials successfully as well and enable trust. I tested some backups last night and it looked to be working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it's not going to work unless you have a trust between the domains. This works best because you can either use the same BE service account in your domain that the media server is in, or create another and both domains are aware of it.

Otherwise try adding the remote domain's admin account (preferably create a different account with the necessary priviledges) into the media server as: \\Domain\Account_Name and see if this resolves it. When browsing the servers in the selection section choose this account and see what happens.

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

see if this helps http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43305

omar_hamzaoui1
Level 3
Partner

Try tou use the local account administrator.

You must create this account in backup exec account.

3s1k
Level 4
Partner

I believe it is solved now. I had to uninstall the server from BE and reinstall it using the Server name instead of the IP address.

I was able to test credentials successfully as well and enable trust. I tested some backups last night and it looked to be working.