cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with BE 20 since upgrading to 20.6

MarkPWCS
Level 3

Hi,

Since installing the upgrade to 20.6 we have had a couple of issues with our backups. Many of the jobs are completing but reporting as failed with the following errors:

Job ended: 16 January 2020 at 12:36:21
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe49 - An invalid parameter was specified.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65097

Also:

-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

Also, ever since the upgrade one of our file servers keeps doing a full backup during the daily differentials and writing that backup to the daily backup disk rather than the weekly - this keeps filling the daily disk up.

All the failing backups are for Hyper V VMs

I've run a BE2DTest and this has no errors.

Not sure where to go next as all the docs I've found so far are for much earlier versions of BE and all solutions are to apply patches or hotfixes.

2 REPLIES 2

sysyl
Level 3

Hi,

I have also an issue since upgrade from 20.3 or 20.4 to 20.6. To backup my VMware VMs with GRT, I'm doing a full backup the friday nigth and an incremental the monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday night.

I want to keep the full on disk so the expiry delay is 6 days. And to be sure the disk is cleaned in the friday journey, the incremental expiry delay is 12h. So every day the incremental expire (but i have a duplicate on LTO). Before 20.6, all that mecanic worked fine.

Now the full works fine. The first incremental works fine but the second incremental is doing a full because the last incremental is expired. I only have this comportment with my GRT job.

ManojNisal
Level 3
Employee

Hi Sysyl,

If you plan to restore granular data or complete VM from disk storage from an incremental backup set, then the whole chain needs to be present on disk storage.

If you are using disk storage just as a staging location before sending data to tape, then it is ok to expire incremental backup sets. You would have to set the incremental expiry delay to 36h so that the latest incremental is still present when next incremental job is run.