cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SETxxxx.tmp in use - skipped

LukeMorehead
Level 1

Backup Exec 21.1 is running on Server 2019 within a VM on VMware. Job logs for several servers include the following errors/exceptions (only the server names and four-digit hex numbers are different):

V-79-57344-41488 - Due to one or more errors in \\fileserver\C:, this backup cannot be used for conversion to virtual machines, Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR), or a complete online restore.

V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

The item \\fileserver\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SETBE9A.tmp in use - skipped.

V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

The item \\fileserver\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SETC0B2.tmp in use - skipped.

I normally would not worry about a couple of skipped tmp files, but it seems very limiting if, as a result, I can't perform "conversion to virtual machines, Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR), or a complete online restore." Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

1 REPLY 1

RogRubin
Employee

More a general comment.
I would try to figure out why you have TMP files in the system32\drivers directory, from which application do they come from.
When were they last updated or are they getting created, updated on a daily basis.
Does a reboot remove these tmp files and if so when do they come back.