cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Active but stuck on 0 bytes

achester
Level 3

Hi My backup exec is so tempremental its drving me mad....

I have a incremental backup running daily backup up to a NAS drive, I also backup to tape on a weekday, and other NAS drives.... SOme days I come in and the backups have worked perfectly but the majority of the time the jobs have hung....

They show as running but either state queued with 0 bytes or like this morning they show active and running but 0 bytes and they have been running for at least 10 hours... what can be causing this frequent problem.

Im running backup exec 2012.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

achester
Level 3

Think the issue is related to this job for some reason so Its not a high critical job. Ive put on hold and created a new job running slightly differently so finigers crossed. Ivemanually started the job and its running ok so will close the call

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you see any unattended\outstanding alerts?

achester
Level 3

No alerts shown.

AmolB

Is BE2012 upto date? If not run live update and install all the latest ptaches.

VJware
Level 6

Do you have the option to "preallocate disk space incrementally...." enabled for the Disk Storage properties ?

Are there any errors/warnings logged in the event viewer ?

Is BE 2012 patched up with atleast SP4 ?

Do all jobs exhibit this behavior or only certain ones ?

Could you pls attach the entire Application & System logs of the BE server here as well ? Thanks.

achester
Level 3

Sorry not an expert on BE, Where would I find ""preallocate disk space incrementally....""

There are know errors in event viewer

Ive just run Live update it had one more small patch to install which only took a few seconds so fully patched.

Its random, i've not noticed a pattern really just seems sparadic.... 

VJware
Level 6

From the Storage tab, double-click the Disk Storage and choose Properties on the left pane and on the right-side, check the preallocate option is checked or not. Preferably, it should be unchecked.

And would you PM me the event viewer logs. Thanks.

achester
Level 3

Think the issue is related to this job for some reason so Its not a high critical job. Ive put on hold and created a new job running slightly differently so finigers crossed. Ivemanually started the job and its running ok so will close the call