cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Completed with Exceptions w/ BEX 12.0 rev. 1364

js315
Level 2

Nightly the back-up fails with exceptions on a Win 2008 R2 Standard Server, running Microsoft SQL server 2005. Error logs shows: I am not sure what is the next step to resolve this issue, Should I get the newer version of BEX ?

V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine MIS8.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
WARNING: Media servers cannot completely protect remote Windows-based servers or workstations unless the Backup Exec Remote Agent is installed and running on each remote Windows-based server or workstation to be protected. Data loss can occur if the Remote Agent is not running while backing up remote Windows-based computers.

Please refer to the documentation or online help for more information.
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\MIS8\Blackbaud". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Remote Agent not detected on MIS8.

Unable to initialize Remote Agent
Set Information - \\MIS8\Blackbaud
                        Backup Set Information
Family Name: "Media created 5/28/2010 11:00:07 PM"
Backup of "\\MIS8\Blackbaud "
Backup set #273 on storage media #22
Backup set description: "MIS8 Differential"
Backup Method: Full - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is the BE remote agent installed on server MIS8 ?

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the MIS8. Is this a NAS box which doesn't have Remote Agent installed or a Windows Server.

If it's a NAS box with doesn't have remote Agent and if you are trying to backup through User Defined Selection that message is comman as it would try to fallback on the local remote agent to do the backups.

If it's a windows Server, you need to verify that the RAWS agent is up and running and there

js315
Level 2

I have tried to install both RAWS 32 and x64 and neither it states are compatible.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

For anyone whoe is refering to this post later sometime BE 12.0 does not support Windows 2008 R2 as Media server or even Remote Server.

Best supported version for Win 2008 R2 is Backup Exec 2010 and above.

Thanks,

-Sush...