cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Completion Status - Failed - 0ex00084af - V-79-57344-33967

Reilly_Backup
Level 2
Hello All,

I currently have been challenged with one of my daily backup differentials and weekend full backups with recieving the below error attached.  Just a little insight on the job and the data being written to tape i have broke up into 3 seperate jobs for 3 of our production file servers that are used heavily on a daily basis.  We have multiple file servers in our network.  However, it seems the following are constantly failing daily and sporadically 1 out of the 3 seem to backup successfully with no issues.  So all in all seems to be a hit or miss so im writing this entry to gain a better understanding.

Data being written to tape is company employee data saved with there daily tasks and personal folders for outlook .pst's and spreadsheets and documents that are used either weekly or daily. 

File Server is built as followed Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 - Standard Edition SP2 & using the following Remote Agent v11.0.7170 to communicate with my production media server.

Addtional researching and reading from the recommendations from Symantec and forums have helped drastically and resolving the one off issues however, this issue is starting to get me a little aggravated.  Due to i verifed all directories and files are accessible and present on the server. 

Sorry for such a long message just wanted to give as much detail as possible and if anything else is needed please let me know and thanks for anyone and everyone's time on this message.  I new to the community for i have taken the backup admin role in the company but have been with the team for 8 years. 

Thanks!!
Job ended: Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 12:43:36 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\M*****\*: H*** D********
Directory ***dir\L****\M****\M****\B****\L**\O*****\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Directory h******\l*****\F******\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
 Directory h******\l*****\A*****\S*****\B****** was not found, or could not  be accessed.
Directory h*****\M*****\I*****\ was not found, or could not be accessed.

1 REPLY 1

technosburg
Level 2

Same error here. It started showing up after I restore an old version of a virtual server. It seems that has to do with it.

Pls advise if you're aware of the solution.

Thanks,

Ahmed.