cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Disappearing

ZacTech
Level 4

If I select the server, click edit backups, then click ok, the backup jobs show up.  This is NOT working for all servers however as they are getting errors of Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  This is a mess. 

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You could be facing this problem

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/issues/jobs-disappeared-be-2012-console-and-warning-noticed-towards-bottom-left-hand-corner-console-

ZacTech
Level 4
Not cool, but thanks for your response. I had already started rebuilding all my backups again. I was so close to having an working setup too.

ZacTech
Level 4
Well, after rebuilding half my backups I ran into it again, this time I know why. It happens the second I delete one of my servers. If it helps, this server is in a group, and i made the jobs with the group. I then deleted the server from the group view. I wish I knew what they deleted from the SQL database, I would just do it myself as I want this to work now and not in the morning. Edit: restored the database again, removed the server from the group, test calendar: OK, deleted the jobs from that server, calendar broken with 103 error, can still view jobs on other servers, restart backup exec services, no jobs show up any where and ! in lower left. Seriously, we can't delete a job! Is there an ETA on this fix? should I start from scratch, not upgrading from 2010 R3?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We don't have an ETA for the fix yet but you can subscribe to this article which will be updated when the fix is released:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185878

- Also you can delete jobs but only if you know that said job has not been edited as some form of multi select with other jobs. As most users may not know the exact history of how jobs were edited it is safer to recommend not deleting any jobs until we release the hotfix.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We have also just seen another possible condition - if you have lost your jobs click on the all servers group and then use this to view your list of jobs - you might end up seeing one of more jobs listed as Invalid Schedule (or "Ungültiger plan" in German, not sure about other languages)

If you see this try deleting it/them, if it/they delete without an error, close the console and re-open it and see if your other jobs come back.