cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job End time shows earlier than job start time . Any reason .??

Dilip_Choudhry
Level 3
I have my jobs missed for couple of days . And is there any reason why the job end time shows before the job start time . for example Job 1 -- start time ---> 25/8/2014 5:00:06 PM End time ----> 25/8/2014 05:00:04 PM job status -- > missed . Attached SCreenshot .
8 REPLIES 8

Dilip_Choudhry
Level 3
anyone ?? to help me to clarify this

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How does any answer to your question help you do your job as a backup adminstrator better?

I see this as a question of curiosity.  A missed job is a missed job.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This appears to be a cosmetic issue, though it may be related to the actual job start time specified in the backup definition and the availability window as well. (Especially if the availability window begins on a day and ends the next.)

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I don't think there is any use in answering this. And only a Symantec engineer could answer it.

Unless you have jobs failing or staying missed because of this I would just ignore it...

Dilip_Choudhry
Level 3
Hi PKH , VJware , Maurijo Thanks for the respose . Vjware : I believe you checked the screenshot which i have attached . So , it might be a Cosmetic Issue . is that confirmed ? Maurijo : I am concern about those start and end time even though backup job is success or Failed or missed . It shows improper start and end time . Which is strange . Or is that a known issue . PHK : I am not Curiosity for my missed backup jobs . I am concern about the Improper time , where end time shows earlier than start time of job .

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As far as I know that is not a know issue. Are your time settings correct on the domain?

Is it always one job that shows this symptom ?

Dilip_Choudhry
Level 3
Maurijo , Hi , only the missed jobs shows me wrong timings . All other jobs are fine Nothing wrong in my domain regarding Time settings .

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Well then it does look like a bug to me. You could open a case for it to Symantec but that would be kinda funny since it does not have any negative effects.