cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Log Display Error

Susan_Jones
Level 3

My backup jobs are not creating the .xml Job Log files.  I can view the Job History, but when I select the Job Log tab, the attached error message is displayed ("One or more errors were encountered converting the job log into a web page for display. The job log will be displayed in text format. The system cannot find the file specified: BEX_SARTOXS10_05885.xml".)

This problem just started.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Susan,

This TN from Symantec should resolve it for you...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23776

Thanks!

Susan_Jones
Level 3

Thank you for responding, but the error described in the TN is not exactly the same error I'm getting.  It refers to the "Load XML failed" error, but my error is "The system cannot find the file specified."  In other words, the backup job is not even creating a log to begin with.

Susan Jones

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the registry for

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc\Job Log Path

This entry should not be blank and by default would be the Data folder within your Backup Exec program files folder (like the Data Path entry in the same location). If it is correct then make sure something like anti-virus is not quarantining XML files from the path specified.