cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Monitor schedules wrong time

Vmax8
Level 3

Just installed Backup Exec 16 on a newly installed Windows Server 2016 Domain Controller. Getting the same annoying behavior like in my previous installation of Backup Exec 15 on a 2008R2 Server.

For scheduled One-Time Backups it is not possible to schedule the time correctly. Whenever I select a time, another time will be shown as scheduled start time.

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I think we need to show scresnshots showing what you set and where you see it changed - I just tested it and it worked fine for me

Also what timezone and regional settjngs (numeric formats, languages etc) are you using as this may have a bearing on your issue.

Colin, appreciate your fast reply.

Timezone: UTC+8 Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong...

Home Location: Hong Kong

Language: English (United States)

Screenshot 1 shows, that I want to set 23:00, I click ok. Screenshot 2 shows the schedule is for 5:29. Screenshot 3 are the Region settings, Screenshot 4 are the Numbers settings.

Colin_Weaver

This may need a formal support case

Colin_Weaver

Hmm looks like it does relate to the date format in use within the OS as I just played about with my test server and saw something similar once I changed away from US formatting (12 / 24 hour time formats made no difference it was the date format that seems to cause it). I would still urge you to log a formal support case just to confirm things, but you could probably work around it by setting Month Day Year date formats instead of Day Month Year

Logged a formal support case and was on the phone with support 12h after logging the case. Impressive! They collected my installation data and are researching the case now.

Tried to play around with the date setting. Problem is obviously caused by setting the short date to dd-MMM-yy. Looks like a bug. As work around, I set the date to yyyy-MM-dd.