cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Notification Issue

Alice_Stewart
Level 5

I cannot seem to get job notification working correctly....BE 2010 R3.

Here is how I think it should work:

I create recipients (SMTP in my case) and add them to Alert categories (job success, job failure, etc) by checking the box beside their name.

I do not want all recipients to get notifications for all backup jobs, so on each job, I only check the names of those I want to receive an email for that job.

After I do this, I am getting mixed results.

Some jobs generate 2 emails to the same recipient, some jobs generate NO emails at all.

Do I have the logic of how this is supposed to work and if not, could someone clarify how this is supposed to be set up?

I have used BE for years and this has always been confusing.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you setup the Notification from Alert categories it will always send you the email notification irrespective of the job.

Eg: If you have selected email notification in Job Alert for Job Success then it will sent email to you for all the jobs which are successful irrespective of the settings that you have selected in the backup job properties.

So as you do not want all recipients to get notifications for all backup jobs, so uncheck all the notfications from Alerts and select them only in the backup job properties.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you setup the Notification from Alert categories it will always send you the email notification irrespective of the job.

Eg: If you have selected email notification in Job Alert for Job Success then it will sent email to you for all the jobs which are successful irrespective of the settings that you have selected in the backup job properties.

So as you do not want all recipients to get notifications for all backup jobs, so uncheck all the notfications from Alerts and select them only in the backup job properties.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Alice_Stewart
Level 5

Thanks!  That's a clear explanation.