cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Recurring changed to No and Job selection list cleared

MichaelDaddo
Level 3

1st issue:

I currently have several jobs running/created by one policy.

I have a disk to disk job running M-Th (incremental), then a Disk to Disk running on Fri (Full), and then Disk to Tape running on the weekend (full duplicate).

One job out of all failed to run this weekend for some reason.  After digging around, i noticed that the Job Recurring category for this job was set to No.

All the other jobs created via policy the same policy were still set to Yes.

I can recreate this job easily via policy, but i wanted to know what the reason for this change if possible.

2nd issue:

Last week, 4 out of 5 jobs selection lists were cleared for some reason.

The policy i have for these is the same as mentioned above.

I noticed this issue becuase most of the jobs failed over that weekend. (the full duplicates, disk to tape).

When looking at those disk to tape jobs in the job setup tab, the selection lists were blank.

Could these issues be becuase of an issue with backup exec?  anyone recemmond reinstalling or anything?

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

I would suggest running a repair through add and remove programs.

if that doesnt help there might be some kind of corruption in the selection list so yes recreating your selection lists would be called for

also make sure all the Live updates are run on the Media Server with the agent pushed out to the remote servers.

MichaelDaddo
Level 3

After running the job from 1st issue, the Recurring changed itself to Yes.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.

Also, try re-creating your jobs which should be easy enough to do with policies.