cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Scheduling, multiple servers

Wellsoft
Level 4

*sigh*

Now that I have to make seperate job for each of my 7 servers but it's a "group" somehow....do I need to set a different start time for each box or is it smart enough to handle them all saying start at the same time? If different times, do I have to guess at how long each server takes to finish backup and verify?

We have been without backups for a week since this has taken 4 days to get to this point and I need to know ASAP...hence the post here vs. the 2 day wait for support to answer.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Wellsoft

if you create multiple jobs at the same time using server groups they will all have the same start time. This start time can be adjusted individually within each job. you dont have to guess run times as the jobs will que  until the destination location becomes available. if writting to tape it will be a drive becoming available, if writting to disk it will depend on how many concurrent write sessions you have set at the disk storage location. This can be adjust "increased/decreased in the properties of the disk location under the storage tab"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Wellsoft

if you create multiple jobs at the same time using server groups they will all have the same start time. This start time can be adjusted individually within each job. you dont have to guess run times as the jobs will que  until the destination location becomes available. if writting to tape it will be a drive becoming available, if writting to disk it will depend on how many concurrent write sessions you have set at the disk storage location. This can be adjust "increased/decreased in the properties of the disk location under the storage tab"

Wellsoft
Level 4

Perfect....thanks!