cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Start date/Time backup exec 11d

tofty
Level 3
   I have scheduled a backup job to start on a certain date i.e 16/05/07 and every weekday after this i.e. mon,tues,wed....etc. However when I submit the job and look at the job in the job monitor/job list the start date is wrong. When I first did this the start date was 2 days later than intended, so I submitted the job again having double check everything and now the start date is showing as 4 days later than intended. Anyone got any ideas on why this is happening?
7 REPLIES 7

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
There is a known issue that is probably causing this to occur.  If you edit and submit a job TWICE in between runs, it will skip it's next scheduled date.  This issue was resolved in an earlier hotfix.  Go ahead and run 'live update' from under the tools menu in Backup Exec and the patch should be downloaded and applied.

Chuck
Level 3
It is still broken!

I am running release 7170 with hot fixes 3,4 & 5 installed and it is sill happening.

Chuck

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
I just checked and found out that there are still some issues that engineering is working on.  For a workaround you can edit your job and set it to run now and just submit it on hold.  Then go back in the job and put the schedule back in place and submit it.

tofty
Level 3
Thanks for the suggestions will try them and let you know how it goes

tofty
Level 3
Setting the job to run now but submitting on hold, and then going back and rescheduling has fixed my issue. The correct start time is now showing. Thanks for all the help.

Chuck
Level 3
I had already deleted and recreated the Jobs.  But thanks for letting us know about the workaround.  It would be helpfull if a KB article was published with this workaround until a hotfix it released.

Thanks

Brett_Mow
Level 3
Is there going to be a hotfix released for this issue anytime soon?  This is an extremely annoying problem.

Thx