cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status Recovered - 2012 Backup Exec

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I have recently started having a lot of issues with my backups.  The one status that keeps popping up is the "Recovered" status.  It states that the following in the Job Failed alert:

[backup name] -- The job failed with the following error:  The local job has been recovered.  No user action is required.

BUT it seems to backup to disk twice and then tries to backup to tape twice.  What is going on??  I have not had good backups in over a month.

This is but just one of my big complaints about Symantec backup exec.  I will post the others.

Thanks so much for any assistance

Cathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Cathy: Just in line with your other post from last night, it might actually work out better migrating to BE 2014 with SP1. It fixes a lot that was wrong with BE 2012, while keeping the same interface, but with added funcitonality.

Craig

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Hi Cathy, it might be that Checkpoint restart is causing the jobs to backup twice because the first job fails.  Try disabling it and see if the job fails or not.  also make sure Backup Exec is fully updated with all of the patches.

and I recommend looking into upgrading to Backup Exec 2014.

Cat_Adams
Level 5

The "Enable checkpoint restart" on the Avanced Open FIle in the backup properties is not checked on any of my backups.   I have all the updates also.  And yes,  I think I will be looking at going to 2014 this week. Too  many issues lately with Backup Exec 2012.  I do not like it at all.

Have a good one.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Cathy: Just in line with your other post from last night, it might actually work out better migrating to BE 2014 with SP1. It fixes a lot that was wrong with BE 2012, while keeping the same interface, but with added funcitonality.

Craig

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Craig:

I am going to add more RAM to my server and upgrade to 2014.  I do appreciate all your comments and suggestions as always Craig.

Thanks for being on this forum..

Cathy