cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status - Superseded

brunodamasceno
Level 3

Make update my Backup Exec version 2012 to 2014 and since then some routines are executed when the status "superseded", thus not performing the backup. I do not know how to solve this, can you help me, please?

Capture02.PNG

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It means a job with higher importance has taken precedence and run in its place.

Either restart the BE services, or go into the job itself, make no changes and then exit out. This should reset the job order and priority.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It means a job with higher importance has taken precedence and run in its place.

Either restart the BE services, or go into the job itself, make no changes and then exit out. This should reset the job order and priority.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

A job is superceded if there is another job which starts at exactly the same time, but on a less frequent schedule.  For example, you have a daily job which starts at 2100 and on Friday, there is a weekly job which also starts at 2100.  The weekly job will run, but the daily job will be superceded and will not run.

Check your scheduling.

KellyFletcher
Level 2

In matters related to work, I'm very grateful for any help and recommendations. I try to use all the opportunities as much as possible and therefore I decided to correctly fill out my LinkedIn profile in order to find employers. Thanks to this source, https://resumeedge.com/blog/how-to-write-a-good-linkedin-headline  I figured out how to properly write a good LinkedIn headline. I try to make the most of all the possibilities and I think that this can help.

DSGM
Level 1

While restarting services made no difference to my installation, I found that changing the time of the jobs by a minute (or any other schedule change) resolved the issue.