cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Using Wrong IP of Client

John421
Level 2

Backup Exec 20

The situation is I was backing up a server which had an IP of 10.6.0.6. The server was moved to a new LAN, so its IP is now 10.5.25.6. However, it also still has a seperate NIC on the old lan segment (backup ISP). When the backup runs it still uses the 10.6.0.6 address to backup even though the server name resolves correctly to the new IP. BE is effectively using the old IP to backup rather than the name. Any idea how to fix this? I have tried deleting the job and making a new one, but I see nothing else to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I'd start by running the Backup Exec Diagnopstics (on the BE server itself, in fact available inside the BE admin console from the Technical Support Menu)

This utility  generates a text file and if you search down the file for a section called "Agents seen by" you should find that each remote system (and the BE server itself has a block of entries including Network Address parameters which show the known IP addresses and at the very end of the section for each server a tag for <AdvertiseGMTText> that should give an indication of when publishing from the agent last occured.

Confirm that the date & time for the affected system is after you made your network changes (in fact it should be close to current date/time) and also what IP addresses are listed - you may see both

If you see the wrong one ONLY, you may have to sort our publishing (try checking inside the Remote Agent  Utility on the affected remote system.)

If the text files shows the correct IP address (either alone or with the other one) then you may have to delete both the job and the server object and recreate them (although it may be worth checking inside the Remote Agent Utility on the affected server first just to confirm that it has the correct info.  (Please backup your current BEDB before deleting anything in the console)

Failing any of this helping you may need to log a formal support case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I'd start by running the Backup Exec Diagnopstics (on the BE server itself, in fact available inside the BE admin console from the Technical Support Menu)

This utility  generates a text file and if you search down the file for a section called "Agents seen by" you should find that each remote system (and the BE server itself has a block of entries including Network Address parameters which show the known IP addresses and at the very end of the section for each server a tag for <AdvertiseGMTText> that should give an indication of when publishing from the agent last occured.

Confirm that the date & time for the affected system is after you made your network changes (in fact it should be close to current date/time) and also what IP addresses are listed - you may see both

If you see the wrong one ONLY, you may have to sort our publishing (try checking inside the Remote Agent  Utility on the affected remote system.)

If the text files shows the correct IP address (either alone or with the other one) then you may have to delete both the job and the server object and recreate them (although it may be worth checking inside the Remote Agent Utility on the affected server first just to confirm that it has the correct info.  (Please backup your current BEDB before deleting anything in the console)

Failing any of this helping you may need to log a formal support case.

Thanks, it looks correct in diags, but Ive solved it for now by disabling the 2nd NIC which wasnt really needed.