cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job creation question

Shahin
Level 6

Hi,

I have 4 Full/diff jobs that write to a pool of 15 tapes,  I create my jobs Week1, week2 and week3 and week4, the Full backup is run every friday and diff backup every monday to thursday.

When schdeduling the diff backup I use the Month and then select the days of the month and then choose the first days of the month for week1 and second monday to thursday for week2 and so.

But now when check the Jobs I can see that diff backup have start time before the Full backup and this will not work untill the Full backup is run ( see attachment)

Any suggestion on how to correct this?

4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe that what you are experiencing is the expected behavior.

--Virgil

SO this means that the full backup, is week2 and diff backup will be from week 1 , WOW

Any suggestion on how to have configuration as I have and have the ful backup and differential backup from the same week? 

RogRubin
Employee

I think you make your schedule and planning slightly more complicated by doing what you are doing:
"When schdeduling the diff backup I use the Month and then select the days of the month and then choose the first days of the month for week1 and second monday to thursday for week2 and so."

I would suggest to make the whole scheduling easier by chosing "Week" instead of "Month"
Then select your days when yuo want your
Differential backup to run, in your description - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Thats it.

Thanks for your reply.

I dont think your suggestion will works,

I have Jobs Week-Full1, week-Full2 ..... this is configured also based on days of month, each Friday.

Now we have to have diff backups based on the above Full backups, As your suggestion, If I use the days of the weeks for the jobs form monday to thursday for each Week-Full job then we will have every night 4 Week-Diff jobs that runs.