cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job destination on local media server does not contain any devices

Lucano99
Level 3

Hello,

we have a LTO machine with 8 position for LTO tapes, currently we use 5 of them. From some reason I cannot make any backup. As you can see on the screenshot, BackupExec see all Media, but when I try to do Inventory, it says - no idle devices available. LTO machine is up and running. Connected to the server.

And if I try to do the backup right now, it tells me Job destination on local media server does not contain any device..

Do you have please any idea where the problem can be?

Thank you.

Lukas

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is Backup Exec licensed ? If in trial, do ensure trial period hasn't completed.

If yes, are you using Symantec driver for the tape drive and MS driver for the changer ?

Any errors  / warnings in the adamm.log and event viewer ?

Lucano99
Level 3

Hello,

yes, it is licensed.

Yes, MS driver for the changer and tape driver has driver from HP.

Screens attached. I will check logs also...

Adamm.log attached.

I cannot see any error or any problem in this log, but maybe I am just looking wrong way..hmm

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to the BE installation directory and run tapeinst.exe to install the Symantec drivers for the tape drive. This is the recommended driver

Lucano99
Level 3

Hello,

I did that, so now the tape drive has the symantech drivers, altought it worked perfectly also before without these drivers.

Now, whan I try to run the backup job, I still have the message "Job destination on local media server does not contain any devices"

Any other idea, please? :(

Lucano99
Level 3

I tried to run the Test Run job and this is the result:

Media Capacity Check
Device                   : None Found.
Capacity check status    : Failed
Miscellaneous            : No devices found to run job.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need to recreate your jobs

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Create a test B2D on the local server and try running a backup to the B2D. This is isolate if the issue lies with the tape storage or BE. If B2D job also fails, would you post a screenshot of the installed licenses. Thanks.

Lucano99
Level 3

Hello,

i have deleted all jobs and now it is working. So, hopefully it will be okay!