cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job duplicate backup doubt

PoohZai
Level 4

hi,

When selecting the resource in "View by Resource", the Snapshot is showing with the date time that it backup-ed.

May i know, will backup exec always get the latest snapshot? Or how should i configure?

e.g. Data folder in DB1 will backup everyday. If I only select 28 Nov snapshot then job duplicate will always backup this snapshot or it will get the latest?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you select the Data folder of 28th Nov as per your above post then the duplicate job will always backup the same folder. It will not change to latest Data folder that is backed up.

To avoid this create a Duplciate job through Policy. So in one policy create first template to backup the required data and then another template to duplicate that. Create a selection list and and select the data to be backed up and associate that selection list to the policy.

So when everytime the duplicate job runs it will duplicate the latest data that is backed up.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you select the Data folder of 28th Nov as per your above post then the duplicate job will always backup the same folder. It will not change to latest Data folder that is backed up.

To avoid this create a Duplciate job through Policy. So in one policy create first template to backup the required data and then another template to duplicate that. Create a selection list and and select the data to be backed up and associate that selection list to the policy.

So when everytime the duplicate job runs it will duplicate the latest data that is backed up.

Thanks,

-Sush...