cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job hanging at 99% - Eject tape Notification

Matt_Brown_2
Level 2
Hello,

I have a backup job that completes successfully except that it hangs at 99% because it is waiting for someone to acknowledge the alert that is created by the option that automatically ejects a tape.

So my question is: How do I automatically eject the tape after the backup job finishes without having someone login to acknowledge the eject tape alert?

Thank You,

Matt
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you really need the tape to autoeject? Can't it be manually ejected when the tapes are swapped?

If you do really need it to autoeject, see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

Thought many are having problems getting it to work properly, especially on v10.x

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Matt,

Did that help you solving your problem?

In addition you can refer to the following document.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/252430.htm

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Matt_Brown_2
Level 2
Hey thanks for the document. It was helpful but I am still having the issue.

How can I disable this alert category completly? The option is grayed out. I really need this to eject a tape without the users response and I don't care if the alert is ever shown in the first place.

Any ideas on how to disable the alert category?

Thanks,

Matt

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to inform you that you cannot disable the alerts completely you can configure it to answer automatically after some minutes

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Matt_Brown_2
Level 2
I was able to automatically reply yes to the alert by following links in the aboe documnt. I am curious why there is a grayed out box for "disable the alert category" if it is not possible to disable the category but....