cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job has been canceled by user Recovery BE10 on Windows

Florent_Gilain
Level 3
Hi all,

I have Backup Exec under windows 2000 server with 2 SCSI DLT drives (DLT 80/160Go from DELL)

Here is the alert i receive by email after few hours of job running (sorry, message is in French) :
=======================================
(Serveur : "SERVEUR3") (Travail : "Job Sauvegarde Differentielle DLT1") Le travail a été annulé par l'utilisateur Recovery.
=======================================

Apparently i have error messages (alerts in console) that says that there is a problem connecting to my DLT and that i have to check if it is online or not...

Any idea ?

thanks

Florent
4 REPLIES 4

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

In order to resolve this issue please update us on the following :
1.Are you cancelling this job ? Or automatically job is getting cancelled ?
2.What is the exact Alert Message?
3.Is the drive online or offline? Do you have a Library with two drives ?
4.have you checked the Hardware compatibility List of BEWS 10?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274347

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274348

Thank you,
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Florent_Gilain
Level 3
Hy Gaury,

1) no, the job is scheduled at night, so it starts, runs few hours and then stop with that error.

2)

3) Drives are always connected on the server (1 is internal and the other is external with a SCSI cable) is it what you call online or offline ?

4) Here is the hardware i use on my test server :
I have a power 1600SC DELL server wit han adaptec scsi card into it. On each of both channels is connected 1 DLT drive (PowerVault 110T VS160 which is certified for BE apparently)

5) Here are patchs that are installed on server :
version 10.0 revision 5520
Patchs :
4, 6 , 7 and 8 urgent patch

I could see in my event viewer log that i get errors concerning my DLT, for the moment, log has been cleared, i must wait next error to have it, i'll then sent it to you.

Just another question, should i use Veritas drviers or Dell drivers for DTLs ?

the test i do with BE are for use with LTO3 tape library in few weeks on production...

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

As you are getting an error as "job has been cannceled by the user", are you getting any media related alerts?

Verify if device is online or offline i.e in the Device tab check the status of the device if it is "On/Active" or it is "disabled".

Also you are getting event id's related to device DLT, are you getting event id's 7,,, 9, 11 or 15?

You can use the Veritas device drivers if the device is compatible and tested with Backup Exec.
You can check it's comapatibilty using HCL given in our previous reply.

You can install the Veritas drivers using following link.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278408.htm

Please kepp us updating on this issue.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Deepali Badave

Florent_Gilain
Level 3
Hi,

Problem has just occured another time that night.

My 2 devices are marked as Actived and online.
In the Alert tab, i get many errors saying (translated from French messages) :

Verify it's powered on and correctly wired.

In the System envent log, i get many errrors related to DLT :
================================
Type : error
Source : Removable Storage Service
Category : None
Event Id : 17
User : N/A
Type : warning
Source : dlttape-VRTS
Category : None
Event Id : 54
User : N/A

Couldn't find any 7,9,11 or 15 event id.
I'm currently using Veritas Driver version 5.1 for my DLT PowerVault VS160 from DELL.

Florent