cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job history show job is finished, but job is still running

Dan_Lavely
Not applicable
Hi. The nightly backup job runs and shows in the Job History that it is successful, but the Current Jobs window shows the job still running. If I right-click the job I see the context menu normally seen when the job is Ready (Run Now is on the menu), but if I click Properties I get "can't edit a running job" error.

This job is running to a backup-to-disk folder. I have also scheduled a Duplicate job to backup this job to tape, but that job does not run. I assume this is because it thinks the first job is still running so it can't start.

If I try to stop the services it hangs stopping the Job Engine. I use Task Manager to kill the process. BE Server also hanges, and I have to kill that task, too. Then all the services restart ok, and the job window shows the job as Scheduled, and changes the Job History entry to Failed, referring to an error V-79-57344-34849. The full error is:

Final error: 0xe0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.

The Duplicate backup to tape job never runs.

This is a brand new installation, Windows SBS 2003, Backup Exec v.10.0 rev. 5484. Travan tape drive, all Dell system. We used Veritas device drivers when installing Backup Exec.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since you are getting the error:
0xe0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.

Please disable and stop this service and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.