cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job was cancelled by user System

abarnard
Level 4

Hello,

Our backups (Monday - Friday) all run from one job.

For some reason, each Tuesday job is getting cancelled. (All other backups complete successfully.)

In the event logs, we're getting Event ID 34114, with the message:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Cancellation
(Server: "****") (Job: "Daily Backup") The job was canceled by user System.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

Here is the job log error for the Tuesday Backup:

Errors:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
V-79-57344-33039 - Error - Mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

abarnard
Level 4

I ended up recreating the job, and it fixed it for me.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

ltjimster
Level 6
Is it all going to the same place or to different tapes/Network storage boxes each day, it might not be connecting to the media properly and might be set to automatically cancel a job it's self after a certain amount of time of not being able to backup anything or connect to the media.

Thanks
James 

abarnard
Level 4

Yes, it's all backed up to the same place. It's an external drive connected to a PC.

I don't believe it is set to auto cancel after a set amount of time.

Thanks!

ltjimster
Level 6

There is a Setting in Priority and Availability  which is "Enable automatic cancellation for this selection" and you can set a amount time for it to run if not completed. I assume thats for times when like i said if something goes wrong and it can't connect to the media for some reason and it will cancel it, so it's not running all night waiting for you to cancel it.

Thanks
James

abarnard
Level 4

Hmm, I found this setting, and it's not checked.

ltjimster
Level 6

Do you have any Windows updates running on the same day as the Backup job failing in question.................. I've found windows updates that try to install or download at the time as a backup Job it seemed to stop the backup Exec services for everything and it would stop them everytime i logged off.................... Try chainging some settings in your Windows Update settings, where it says install updates Automatically or if you set it to update on a schedule or set day and time. Change the setting to Notify me but I choose when to download and install updates or something like and have no schedules set.

Thanks
James

abarnard
Level 4

Automatic updates are turned off actually. They are usually done manually by one of the IT guys once a month.

ltjimster
Level 6
Oh right well thats that Idea out the window then :D

you tried googling it then lol :p

Thanks
James

abarnard
Level 4

Haha, yeah I did. I'll mark as solution since you tried :)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Please do NOT mark anthing as the solution if it did not resolve your problem

You can give one or more posts a "thumbs up" tho, at 1 point each

ltjimster
Level 6
Well why don't you tell us how to sort it, see as your an Advisor haha or at least get someone to post something to help.

Thanks
James

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
James,

What Ken is trying to say is that by marking a solution simply because someone tried devalues the idea behind the forum...nobody gets to know the solution.
As for people not trying, this was posted a number of hours ago...different time zone etc. People would respond.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi there,

That error you are getting is addressed in the tech article below:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246967.htm

...and...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275312.htm

Take a look at those, and make sure you have scratch media in your B2D folder...if not, check your OPP and append settings and make sure they're correct. COULD be the case that you are out by 1 day in those settings, which might explain why it fails on a Tuesday, and no other day.

Worth checking out...

ltjimster
Level 6
Fair enough lol :)......... Cheers Craig you always seem to be very helpful, but hopefully that guy who did this thread will take a look.

Thanks
James

Shoebee
Not applicable
None of these solutions are working. I have this error on three computers and I'm trying to find a common denominator.  CraigV referred to and article that was completely irrelivant . "That error you are getting is addressed in the tech article below:.." That article is addressing a mounting issue and my screen looks nothing like that. It's a simple error message not a new screen. It says "error: scan cancelled by user" thats all. Does anyone know anything?

Clint_Brinkley
Not applicable
Partner
I have a server doing the same thing but on a friday instead. Has anyone found a solution that works yet?

abarnard
Level 4

I ended up recreating the job, and it fixed it for me.

CraigV
...maybe you had a different error that could have been solved in your own forum query...?