cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job will not write to backup tape

Growler330
Level 2

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting a scheduled backup to write to a tape.  I'm getting the following error:

Please insert overwritable media ino the robotic library using the import command.

overwritable media includes scratch, blank...etc.

I inserted another tape, responded to the error message by clicking ok, but i'm getting the same error.  I don't think it's the tape (actually not sure) could there be another reason(s) why i get the error?  let me know if you need more info.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Are you really using BE 10.x and older?  That is ancient.

Bascially, you want to look in the "Devices" tab, then under the "slots" view of your library.  If you do not see blue/overwritable media, then you will either need to erase something or import something.

The error/alert is likely correct if you have a backup job running and there are no usable/overwriteable tapes in the library.  If you do not have a backup running, that is not making progress, then the alert may be a leftover from some previous situation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Do you see overwritable (blue) media in your library?

Growler330
Level 2

When I go to the media tab, I do see blue, overwritable media.  Thanks.

Growler330
Level 2

Just wanted to confirm where I can show information about my library, and whether or not the tapes are overwritable in each slot.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Are you really using BE 10.x and older?  That is ancient.

Bascially, you want to look in the "Devices" tab, then under the "slots" view of your library.  If you do not see blue/overwritable media, then you will either need to erase something or import something.

The error/alert is likely correct if you have a backup job running and there are no usable/overwriteable tapes in the library.  If you do not have a backup running, that is not making progress, then the alert may be a leftover from some previous situation.