cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs Completing, No Backup Set

dperlberg
Level 2

Been really struggling since we migrated to 2012 (still wish i didnt at this point) to get everythign working as expected. Essentially my scenerio is that i have 20 or 30 jobs that complete during the night and i get my notifications that they have completed as well as them showing in the job historys. Problem is that when i look at the backup sets or go to do a restore, i do not have the ability to see the dates that i had completed jobs for. Essentially i cannot restore my data as it doesnt see data from the date. We are doing all full backups and nothing overly complex. Really frustrated at this point.

Dean

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you post a screenshot of the restore window.

Make sure you have set proper date range in the restore window

dperlberg
Level 2

Here is what i see when i try to restore. On this server i am looking at the job history and have successful jobs from 5/3/2012 on back.

DieGoettlichen
Level 3

We encounter the same problem with a VMware B2D2T in just one location (others work fine). After the duplicate to tape, when looking on the tape -> backup sets, there are no sets listed, tough the job log confirmed that the duplicate was successful and the tape we look on was used. Also the running time of the job seems fine.

DieGoettlichen
Level 3

We found that the information about the backup sets is displayed on that tape on the managed media server, but not when viewing the tape on the CASO. Is there any reason for that, because we have the same setup at two other sites (also managed media servers) and we can view the backup sets on the tapes there.

DieGoettlichen
Level 3

The issue is solved now, however we are not sure if SP1 solved it or if setting up all backup servers from the scratch (only BE, not the OS) helped. What we did is just re-installing the CASO and all media servers with an empty database and no previous catalogues. Another thing we did differently this time is to not grant the managed media servers full access (this is an option during the MMS installation when connecting to the CASO) and to setup everything from the CASO instead of adding B2D drives locally.