cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs being missed. Listed as Superseded

RCPAQAP
Level 3

Hi all,

Having even more issues with Backup Exec 2012. (Should have stayed with 2010, but that's a rant for another day)

We have two Backups scheduled that are displaying the same issue.

For example, one job is configured as:

Full Backup to Disk - Weekly on Saturday 6am.

Incremental to Disk - Daily at 12AM

Duplicate - All Backups - Weekly on Tuesday at 6am

Over the few days, the Incremental jobs are being Missed. The Status in BE console is:

Full : Ready;No idle devices are available

Incremental : Superseded

Duplicate : Scheduled

There are no active jobs currently, so not sure why it can't find an idle device.

And, why is the Incremental superseded?

How can I find out why the Disk media claims it is busy?

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you stopped the BE services and restarted them? BE 2012 wouldn't have policies, but I do know that with previous versions where a policy would be used, this error would crop up when a Monthly backup wouldn't run for instance if a Weekly backup was...it would either run once the previous job completed, or after a service restart.

You don't mention whether or not your media server is patched, and if not, run LiveUpdate and install all available updates.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you stopped the BE services and restarted them? BE 2012 wouldn't have policies, but I do know that with previous versions where a policy would be used, this error would crop up when a Monthly backup wouldn't run for instance if a Weekly backup was...it would either run once the previous job completed, or after a service restart.

You don't mention whether or not your media server is patched, and if not, run LiveUpdate and install all available updates.

Thanks!

RCPAQAP
Level 3

Thanks Craig, I will try a restart of services to see if that gets it working again.

The server was fully patched a couple of weeks ago. I will check to see if there are any more.

RCPAQAP
Level 3

I found there were a couple of updates needed, which I installed. I also restarted the services.

It seems to be running ok now, but running slower than normal. Will monitor for a while to see if it continues to behave.