cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs being missed since daylight savings time

ikmon2000
Level 3

Starting yesterday (the first day since daylight savings time) all my scheduled jobs are failing as "missed"

When i look at the job logs they show the original start time as an hour later than what it should be and then the job started time as an hour earlier (which is the correct start time) but it fails because I think BE thinks its trying to start too early. The server has the correct time and date and if I go to create a new backup job in BE and click on frequency /schedule it shows the correct correct date and time.

Any ideas? These were all running on time until daylight savings time started this Sunday.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

After the job reports as missed (and this has happened after teh DST change) then the rescheduling of the job should just pick up - although please note your weekly and monthly jobs may report  as missed when they next try to run as well so this won't just happen on the first daily backups.

If you continue to use the old version of Backup Exec then suggest you get rid of limited selection list windows as this should avoid the problem

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This problem has been corrected in the latest version of BE

Colin_Weaver

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000034405

The problem only happens if you had a selection list availability window combined with  a reduced job start time window (we correctly recalculate for DST on one of the time windows but not on the other one which causes an offset and then the failure.  The calculation itself being done at the end of the last running of the job immediately prior to the DST change)

So do i need to manually run each seperate job one time or is it just the first job of the day?

Colin_Weaver

After the job reports as missed (and this has happened after teh DST change) then the rescheduling of the job should just pick up - although please note your weekly and monthly jobs may report  as missed when they next try to run as well so this won't just happen on the first daily backups.

If you continue to use the old version of Backup Exec then suggest you get rid of limited selection list windows as this should avoid the problem

Do you mean i should remove the setting of "start no later than" in the time window?

Can i still leave the "start no earlier than" or do i need to remove the time window all together?

If i need to remove the time window altogether i am not sure how to set the job to run at a certain time.

I am stuck using 12.5 BE for now.

Thanks for all the help! You guys have been a fantastic resource!

Colin_Weaver

You leave the job start times alone - you want to find the selection list availability window and make sure it covers at least +/- 1.5 hours around whatever the job start time windows are set to. then a DST chaneg by +/- 1 hour wil still be within the selection list availability