cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs failing with error "remote agent not detected"

leekum
Level 4

All of a sudden my jobs are failing. Checking the logs it is pointing to one server with the error "remote agent not detected". Here is the error:

Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Remote agent not detected on Server Name.

When I try browsing to the problem client server that's getting remote agent not detected, I get the error below:

An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of SERVER NAME. A network connection to the server could not be established.

I've verified that the remote agent is enabled on the client server and that it's running the same version as the media server. I've also uninstall/reinstall the remote agent on the problem server but same error. I've checked on the client server that no other application was using port 10000. Anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

nilesh_dhakras
Level 3
Employee

Are you able to ping the clinet from the media server? This could be firewall issue.

Orionex
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Are you able to make a telnet with the server using port 10000, are you able to ping the server ? 

Ahmed_Nmichi_Ha
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Check this TN

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH147226