cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs is taking a long time to verify

oops_c2003
Level 4

Hi

I am running a  job it is taking long time to complete and is stuck in the verify stage , it is a 4GB data I am backing up and it takes 10 Hours time

I have tried the below steps

* Disabled my ANti virus

* Unchecked teh verify job it works fine and completes in minutes

* Backup exec services are running in the domain controller account

* ANy help woule be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

oops_c2003
Level 4

HI Thanks to everyone i have fixed the issues by creating a new selection list for the job

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the alerts tab in the Backup Exec console, if you are using a standalone drive then the media

remove alert needs to be configured to clear out automatically.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the backups are going to Backup to Disk folder then do check the Fragmentation level of the drive where the B2D is created.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I suggest disabling the verify in the backup temporarily.  Run the backup.  Then run a separate verify job and see what performance you get.

If you get slow verify performance from a tape drive, please check your error counts for the drive in the BE GUIor try a different tape cartridge.  It could be that the drive is having trouble reading the tape.

You can also try a re-directed restore to see what performance you get.

Check the event logs for any errors.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

That would be more likely to affect the write speed than the verify speed, wouldn't it??

oops_c2003
Level 4

HI Thanks to everyone i have fixed the issues by creating a new selection list for the job