cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs running but not completing.

Bexhill_IT
Level 3

Have searched this and a few people seem to have had the issue but haven't found a solution which applies to us.

Currently having a bit of a mare afrer upgrade to BE 14.2 Rev 1180 (64bit).

Backup jobs (tape or disc) say they are running and report a byte count around what I would expect for the jobs but they never actually finish.

If I end the jobs (cancelling doesn't complete either and I am unable to stop the Job Engine service) then I can't restore any of the data it says it has written because it doesn't appear in the catalogues.

I would be happy to be missing something very obvious if it meant achieving reliable backups.

Help as ever greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure the option to automatically display new alerts is enabled under global settings and check if there is any alert which requires a response.

If there is no alert, what is the status of the job ? Is it running or updating catalogs or else ?

Bexhill_IT
Level 3

Thanks for response.

There don't appear to be any alerts which would be stopping the jobs running.

The attached file shows the view in Job Monitor and a detail from one of the jobs.

Bexhill_IT
Level 3

Sorry, not sure if that attached.

VJware
Level 6

What are the 5 purple (question mark) alerts ?

Bexhill_IT
Level 3

They are from ages ago telling me to close the robotic door.

VJware
Level 6

How much free space left on the Storage Device ?

Any errors / warnings in the event viewer of the media server and the remote server ?

Is 1.43 TB the total amount of data to be backed up or is there more ?

Bexhill_IT
Level 3

Plenty

No errors/warnings

Probably, hard to say, but the point is the same thing occurs regardless of the amount to be backed up, or the destination. It reaches its total and then stops doing anything but still says it is running.

Bexhill_IT
Level 3

I have just tried to run a very small backup to disc (about 3mb) and I get the same result. BE reports a byte count of 5.64 Mb and then does nothing else. Tried to cancel but it sits on 'Cancel pending'.