cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs stop running every 1-2 weeks

TR-BE2014
Level 5

About every week or so for the last 4 months, BE will stop running jobs. I can't find any errors. The last job to run would finish successfully and the next scheduled job would just not start. The timing appears pretty random - it might happen after the third job or the eighth or the eleventh, etc. Backups are scheduled every night. It might happen during my weekend full run or my diffs during the week. When I log into the server and open the BE console, it gets stuck on "Loading data." All of the BE services appear to be running, but I can't restart them (even running BE as admin), so I have to reboot the server.

I'm running BE 20.2, but it was also happening before I upgraded from 2014 about a month ago. The BE logs don't show anything. The problem happened again last night (Dec 11), but there are no logs modified or created on that date. The event viewer doesn't show anything unusual around the time the jobs stop.

I do get BITS service errors when I reboot, but nothing around the time the jobs stop. Still, could it be a BITS related problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Update to 20.3 and if still an issue log a formal support case as not really the sort of thing we can troubleshoot via Vox

(Note: I suspect as you indicated it was present before you went to 20.2 that 20.3 will not fix it)

Thanks, Colin. I should be able to update tomorrow, so I'll post back and open a ticket if I need to.