cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep job in the database, remove it from the Job Monitor + Catalog qestions

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

We are running BE 2010 R3 on Server 2008 R2.

We are using policy for Full and Incremantal jobs.

Each policy is backing up a diffrent project.

One of the projects is finished, and i want to cancel the daily (incremantal) backup, but to keep the job in the database, so if i want to restore i won't have to Catalog the tapes.

How can that be done? the only idea i have is to put the incremantal job "On Hold", but that won't remove it from the Job Monitor screen.

On a different subjuct- lets say i got a backup that is spanned on 3x LTO tapes. i dont have the tapes on the BE database and i'm going to Catalog them to re-build it.

Will the rebuild know that those 3 tapes came from the same Backup? what will happen to files that were spillted on the end of tape #1 and on the begining of tape #2? will i be able to restore those files?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want to, deleting the policy and selection list will also not affect the catalogs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) You can safely delete the unwanted jobs.  Deleting jobs does not delete the catalogs, so you can still restore from your backups.

2) You don't have to worrry about whether the files are split amongst the tape.  As long as you have the entire set of tapes for the backup set, BE will be able to restore the files.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thanks

So delete the job but keep the policy and selection list?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want to, deleting the policy and selection list will also not affect the catalogs.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thanks