cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Job selection list´s.

Andreas_Deland
Level 4
Hello

Is there an easy way to keep the selection list´s for backupexec 12,5  if you want to do a clean installations of BackupExec.

Or do i need to move them to anoter media server ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

/Andreas

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Andreas,

Read this link...it has support for BEWS 12.5 as well, and will do what you want it too.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278536.htm

Hope this helps!

Andreas_Deland
Level 4
Can you import the dump selection file in to  the new installation of backupexec or do you have to manually create the selections from this txt file?

/Andreas

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
YOu need to move the database, if you want selection lists to be moved. Are you looking at moving the selection list or just copying them? You can use copy job option to copy jobs, if you would like to copy the backup jobs created in one server to another server. For this option to work, both servers must have same version of Backup Exec software. Can you explain your exact requirement? I am not sure if you plan to move the database from one server to another, or simply copy some selection lists?

Thanks

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Using be utilty you can copy the compelte configuration of your backup exec server and then apply it as well .. but i belive there is not option for just copying the selection list
you can copy the selection list from one server to another by simply right clicking the server and selecting copy ...if the bakup exec version is the same

Andreas_Deland
Level 4
I have a problem with the backupexc database, So i want to start with a fresh installation. 

But i want to use my old selection lists. So perhaps the copy configuration is the way to go?

/Andreas

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
as it is just going to copy your configuration but you would loose yopur job history and job logs

RahulG
Level 6
Employee