cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known issues backing up W2008 agent Servers using W2003 server

Aron_Shevis
Level 4
Hi,
I'm getting ready to replace some old servers on our network.  Currently I'm running Backup exec 12.5 on a W2003 server, which is also backing up agents that are running W2003.  I'm considering adding some W2008 member servers to our domain, one which will run MS SQL2005 on it, and I'll need to back these up w/backup exec on the 2003 server.  Are there any issues in doing this?  Anything (system state, shadow copy components etc) that would not be able to be backed up by 2003?  (We're using a RD removable hard drive as the backup source, in case that makes any difference).  Thanks in advance for any input.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Aron,

You cannot use BEWS 12.5 as a media server on a Win2K8 R2 server, but the agent works.
there are a number of queries logged here, mainly dealing with the RAWS agent installation. This has been overcome in a lot of circumstances by loading RAWS manually (by copying the agent installation to the server), instead of a push install.

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Hi Aron,

You cannot use BEWS 12.5 as a media server on a Win2K8 R2 server, but the agent works.
there are a number of queries logged here, mainly dealing with the RAWS agent installation. This has been overcome in a lot of circumstances by loading RAWS manually (by copying the agent installation to the server), instead of a push install.

Laters!

CraigV
Hi Aron,

Any news here?