cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTO4 media sub-type not available

yurch
Not applicable

Hi,
we have Backup exec 11d with service pack 2 and all the latest tape library drivers installed. The library is Dell tl2000. The driver installed is IBM ULT3580-TD4. The Dell driver did not work with BE, this one was installed automaticly by BE. When I insert lto4 tapes and start the inventory, the tapes appears normally, when i try to setup a lto4 sub-type to them it is not available and if I choose lto3 it does not work off course. Is there a way to add those sub types? what type should I choose ? I am sorry if this is stupid question, but i don`t know how to solve it :)
1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

LTO-4 is available as an option in that area in the newer versions of Backup Exec (I just checked in 2010) - which probably means you can't enable the option in 11D and if you need it for a technical (rather than cosmetic reason) you will probably have to upgrade..

As most customers never need to change those settings because it is automatically defined by the drive and tape as they are used are you getting problems because it is set wrong? If so what are the symptoms of the problem?

Rgds

Colin Weaver