cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling B2D Jobs Before/During/After Backup Runs

mbjoe
Level 4

Is there a way to automatically label Backup to Disk media during the backup process rather then doing is manually once the job is complete? We are using Backup Exec 2010 R3 and I'm hoping there is a way to either put a date or label in the Media Label or Media Description automatically during the process rather then always going in and doing it manually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I don't think there is any way to automatically label media before it is used in a job. This is a manual process.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

I don't think there is any way to automatically label media before it is used in a job. This is a manual process.

Thanks!

mbjoe
Level 4

Is there a way to have it label it once the job is done though? Even putting like the date in the Media Description?

CraigV

No...but you'd have the date on which the media was first written too if you clicked on the tape itself.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why do you need to re-label the media?  Let BE label and manage the media for you.  There is no need for you to manage the media.  Just make sure that you have set the OPP correctly do that the media do not get overwritten too early.