cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library partition

nicnictout
Level 4

Hello,

i have some trouble with my librairy partition.

My old library keept is partition during BE upgrade, but now when i want to edit my partition, BE freeze and i need to close and launch again my interface. No means to edit my partitions... quite aborring isn't it? :)

I am the only one with this issue or BE2012 has some bugs?

More strange, i install a new librairy, i want to create the partition but i face to some limitations, i am not able to create partition as i need...

Example: i need to split my slots like that

1-5 | 6-6 | 7-7 | 8-8

But BE doesn't let me create 3 partitions with only one slot !! BE prupose 1-4 | 5-5 | 6-7 | 8-8

This is insane !!! Someone could explain me why slot 6 and 7 are always linked ?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

BE does have a defect relating to being unable to set a single slot as the last slot in the partition as documented here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH191095

When I tested the BEMCLI solution for creating slots listed in that document I noticed that if you created slots in this way and then attempted to use the GUI to amend them that the BE Console would freeze

We are working on a fix but for the time being ONLY use BEMCLI to manage your slots.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It seems to be a bug to me , I would suggest to get in touch with Support .

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Has SP1a been installed? Just bear in mind that it can't be uninstalled via Add/Remove Programs though, and it becomes a complete uninstall of the software.

Thanks!

nicnictout
Level 4

Thx for your quick answer.

Yes SP1 and the 2 available hotfix are installed.

I will open a case to support so.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

BE does have a defect relating to being unable to set a single slot as the last slot in the partition as documented here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH191095

When I tested the BEMCLI solution for creating slots listed in that document I noticed that if you created slots in this way and then attempted to use the GUI to amend them that the BE Console would freeze

We are working on a fix but for the time being ONLY use BEMCLI to manage your slots.

nicnictout
Level 4

Great Colin,

i'll try this asap

nicnictout
Level 4

Thx very much Colin. :)